Saturday, December 12, 2009

Infy Update

Blogging from your office PC is probably not the most thrilling way to spend a lazy Saturday morning but then it was kind of.. forced!
Two weeks back we thanked the Infosys facilities people a lot because they had added one more show to the already existing 6 shows at the multiplex for the weekend. And, since most of the people have Saturdays working, we were quite happy about the whole thing, as this would provided the long-desired alternative to standing in queues for one and a half hours to get the tickets and sometimes, even that wasn't good enough! The first week of this experiment went pretty fine. We turned up at 8:20 for the 10 o'clock show and got the tickets comfortably(the ticket counter opens at 8:00 for the 10 a.m. show). That induced a sense of complacency in us and last evening we planned to have a blast at the multiplex by inviting as many people as possible and we did get a good response too! 7 of us reached the multiplex at 8:25 and were unfortunate enough to miss out on the tickets. And, once you get up at 7:50 and freshed up, you don't really feel like going back to the room and sleeping through the day. So, that left me with my office as the only realistic option and here I am!

I entered the Infosys campus on 13th September,2009 and the 3 months since then have passed in a flash!Needless to say, its been a wealthy experience, both experience wise and of course, financially too. One basically gets paid to learn new things here, which is still unbelievable to me. People ask a lot of questions about what do I have in mind after Infy? Whether I want to stick to Infy for my entire life? When am I going to do my masters? And countless such questions. It's not that I am completely ignorant to such questions but then, there's not much use thinking about them now. Just as I hadn't even planned I'll ever land up in Infy when I was in college. My target was to participate in the placement process of all the companies and let's see where I land up. With a few twists and turns, I landed up in Infosys and I'm absolutely loving it. I am really thankful to The Almighty that I didn't have to stick to Wipro and keep waiting for the joining for 6 months or so, as a few of my friends are doing.

The questions that I keep encountering from the people who are yet to join is, "How do you manage your time? The training must be really tough na? They chuck out a lot of people after every stage." Before I joined even I heard a lot of such nonsense but now that I've seen everything myself, I must say that it was the biggest rumour I've ever heard. There's no such thing as "killing schedule" here. In fact, after two months I was convinced that I'll have a lot of time so I even joined the health club here, which keeps me busy during the evenings.

Made a few good friends here other than my college people and the efforts for networking with new people are on. The fact that my entire college group has shifted to Bangalore irrespective of whether they're employed or not ensures that I have a blast whenever we get an extended weekend. Home is something that I will always miss but then, not much can be done about it and honestly, I was pretty much bored for the 8 months I had to be at home prior to Infosys.

No comments:

Post a Comment