Tuesday, March 10, 2015

If you want to finish, START!

As usual, the harder you try to update your blog, the more difficult it becomes to actually do it. It has been quite a journey - since the latter half of 2014 and it continues being so. Once you leave a "safe" job and decide to pursue MBA, you do not want to be in a situation where your course has ended, you are unemployed. That was never the plan. Yet, as it turned out - that was precisely the situation I was in. Yes, it had a lot to do with me being "too choosy" for the next job but then, the decision to ignore a number of companies visiting the campus had been based on what I wanted from my future job.

Come August 2014 and I was ready with my bags to play out the script I had written two years back - to return to Hyderabad and work. However, it came with a small twist in the tale - there was no job!

From then to now, I am six months into a job position that I wanted. The phase wasn't easy but then, easy and success don't get along well. Optimism has been one trait that stood out during this period. There were weeks of lull, a few interviews here and there and those unbearable "we'll get back to you" responses from HR representatives. Finally, it all got settled within 48 hours and it reinstated my belief in the age old adage "when it's your time, it's your time". 

Getting a job brought with it another set of headaches - rather pleasant ones - of relocating and house hunting. This housing website did help out a lot but then, no website can guarantee you the behavior of your prospective flatmates. For someone who is used to staying in a safe, hygienic, non "typical bachelor" environment, it is a bit too much to take if the flat you shift into is devoid of the services of a broom (and consequently a maid) and a latch on the main entrance! To add to my bewilderment, one of the inmates had a tough time recalling the name of the other one (this, after spending an year in the same flat). That was the time when I decided to end my 50 hour ordeal in that flat and moved to where I'm residing now. A flat which has a latch on the main door and where people do not fail in recalling the names of other flatmates. 

Life has kept improving in the past 6 months - bit by bit - one thing at a time. I am not entirely where I wanted but I'm getting there. After all, I'd have happily taken this position in June 2014. Hopefully the next update would be once I get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment