Saturday, January 9, 2016

Thank You, 2015!

Yet another 6 month period without a post on my blog, yet another resolve to update it more often and yet another promise to myself to be more active - in all aspects of life!

2015 was bad and good in a lot of ways. It started with a party with few friends, catching up with more friends and then it was back to the usual mess at workplace. Birthdays are no longer special but the one in 2015 was memorable for the wrong reasons - I got rejected at an interview on that very day and the  confidence of finding a better job in a better company took a dent. I can't remember what I prayed for on that day but I'm sure I've got more than that.

A week after getting rejected by HSBC came a 48 hour phase where I got interviewed and selected at my present workplace, Wells Fargo. It provided the much needed peace of mind at workplace. Things kept improving from there and I got the kind of work environment and colleagues I had always wanted.

Once professional aspect was taken care of, I could commit fully to marriage and as things turned out, I got married six months into my new job! The fact that I met my life partner online goes nicely with the way I like to handle my day to day transactions - online as much as possible!

A month into marriage:

Unique life event that it is, marriage deserves a special mention here. Both of us were unsure of marrying each other initially and we took a long time (reluctantly) making up our minds. I had never sat down and made a list of the qualities I wanted in my life partner so there was no "checklist" to fit her into. I said yes because she came across as a person with a clear heart and I strongly believe that is the most important thing in a life partner.

The excitement on both sides in the months leading up to  2nd December was infectious and when I headed home on 27th November on a 2 week break, I had no idea what to expect. I had decided to let things flow as they were meant to and at the end of it, everything went well and I now have another family. Friends keep asking me "How's married life?" and I have nothing but "better" as an answer.

It's always great to have someone to talk to at home, once you return after a day's work. The efforts she's taking to handle all the extra responsibilities is overwhelming. I've never been too expressive about my feelings and it works to my demerit here, as  I might end up appearing disinterested or unappreciative of her. I hope it all settles down with time, as we understand each other better. My primary concern after marriage was to make things comfortable for her here in Hyderabad. I had already shifted to our new flat and had the bare minimum stuff one would need. Once we returned from marriage, things like refrigerator, washing machine and basic furniture got added and now it looks like the flat belongs to a family.

On a personal front, I find myself to be more efficient after marriage, primarily because she's taken care of so many things at home. I have now decided to pursue my freelancer career with more seriousness and things have started well there. My dad's transfer cum promotion (and his acceptance) to Kolkata was a bit of a dampener in 2015, as he immediately faced health issues. Now that my mother has joined him there, I'm sure things will improve once they settle down.

Here's wishing everyone a happy new year. May our 2016 be better than 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment