Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Graduating... in more things than one!

Let us get to the topic straightaway, as I am running short of time.

I am about to graduate from college with an Engineer's label in a few months from now but that is not something I am so excited about. I am talking about the other thing, which is more interesting..

The story goes like this...

Being the youngest and probably the only driver in my family having the right balance of skill and confidence I am always under the pump whenever I talk about taking out the car alone. I took mom to the doctor last week and she was quite convinced with my driving skills, so is my brother and bhabhi.

So,all this while, the big deal was about trying to convince dad about the fact that I am now trained enough to take the car anywhere, without denting other cars all around. Today, I planned with mom to go to pick dad up from his office, which is a good 12 km from my place and most importantly, it is in the heart of Delhi, so you expect heavy(and I really mean HEAVY) traffic at that time. We told him that I was going there with a driver, so he need not worry, as I would not drive.

However, we reached there and I drove him back safely so I think this is my graduation as a driver. :)

2 comments:

  1. Even I was very impressed sitting besides you and seeing you driving.

    Also my experience to your car driving skills should carry more weight as I have also seen you struggling with the bike.(I hope you remember the Goa incident :) )

    ReplyDelete