Saturday, July 12, 2008

Ready for the final Hurrah!

My vacations are almost over.Am leaving the comforts of my home(for the comforts of my hostel :) ) tomorrow morning and hopefully this is going to be the last semester full of classes,tests and all there in Manipal.I'm done with 3 years of engineering and its needless to say,I've practically learnt nothing to be of much importance to the Industrial people.That's one of the reasons I am still amazed at what the Wipro Technologies people saw in me that prompted them to select me in their campus interviews and pay me from next year onwards!

Anyways,the point is that this is basically the last semester of my engineering life and all my seniors/teachers/professors have advised me to enjoy it to the fullest because "You will not get these times back in future."Now let me tell them very frankly that that's exactly what I've done in the preceding 3 years!People say that this semester should be "different" and in my case,being that would advice me to study(for a change!), which really sounds nerdy,doesn't it?

However,now I'm starting to worry about the future after B.E. I have the security of a job and that has actually confused my thought process.I always wanted to go for GRE as this seems to be the exam best suited to my style of learning.I even went to the USEFI office here in Delhi to gather as much information about the Universities/courses/scholarships as I could and it was a useful visit.I've also found a very supportive senior to guide me along so I guess I'm ready for it now.I will hopefully decide over the next week whether I really WILL GO FOR GRE or not and that would determine how I spend the last sem in my college..

Have to go off now as mom's been shouting at me for a while to take my breakfast..
bye!

6 comments:

  1. i can xperience the same thing...m in final yr now..
    n things are so changed..
    evryone wants to njoy a lot wid the whole clas..
    i'l b missin dese days a lot.

    gud luck for future....n hav fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting,Joie!
    may i know which course u pursuing and what stream?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey!! got placed in Wipro!? superb! really wonderful!
    But if GRE is what u've always wanted, don't let anything come in the way. Don't wait to think again. Be positive and start ur preparations right away. In the end when u finally decide that u want to do ur MS, let it not be too late. And yeah.. enjoy the final year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Shruti:
    Thanks. I never "really" wanted GRE but then it is running through my mind all the time these days.. I'll hopefully decide something within a week or so..

    @Joie: Well,good to see a media student blogging.I've known some of them here in Manipal and made some really good friends(and a bitter enemy ;) ) through bloggerville.
    which city r u from? wud ya mind dropping me n e mail?

    ReplyDelete