Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happiness all the way!!!

Its the beginning(I hope) of some sort of a purple patch in my life here at Manipal. Blogging so frequently and not for sad reasons is unprecedented phenomenon and I really hope it continues this way.
The day began with my Micro p. lab end sem examination and I'll get through comfortably and when you add to it the fact that I'd studied for not more than half an hour for the test(prior to which we got 4 complete days off), it'd sound a pretty significant achievement.To add to that headache, we had three assignments to be submitted today, two of which were postponed, thanks to our C.R. and the remaining one was done(read copied) by me right after the lab.Went about meeting the other critiera,of filling up the Dream company for our placements today with relative ease, filling up Schneider Electric and GMR.

Then comes the fun part and no prizes for guessing what it's going to be about... CRICKET!!! Our knock-out tournament resumed today after the sessionals and I was informed at 4.15 pm that we've the quarter final match at 4.30.Initially I wanted to refuse it but the insistent individual that Pradeep is, he came to pick me up from the hostel and we were literally laughing when we reached the ground, as we couldn't muster 11 players!We started fielding with 2 players short.The missing ones joined in soon and the match was a topsy turvy encounter until the last over. I faced the first ball of the over in which we had to score 12 to win and guess what... I hit the first ball over the long on rope:). We won with Johnnie's last-ball six and it was a really satisfying effort, considering that we went in without our best batsman and bowler.
Enough of cricket now!Its time for me to sleep as its already 4.09 am on the next morning of Earth Day and I've to finish up an assignment in the morning..

1 comment: