Sunday, April 20, 2008

What a Day it turned out to be!!!

People mostly update their personal blogs when they're down,frustrated,sad and a hundred associated adjectives. And why talk about other people, even I've done that myself most of the times.One of the reasons for not updating when you're happy is that you get so many people to share your happiness with,but no one to share your sorrows. However, I'd like to suggest all such people(including myself, to an extent) that it feels great to take out some time for yourself when you're happy and blog!This is exactly what I'm feeling right now.

To take the curtain off the suspense,I've got many reasons to be happy.First of all,my team won the first prize in the podcasting contest that we participated in yesterday and it was something which all of us had least expected, as the other teams consisted a member(s) who were mass comm. students, who deal with sound recording, editing and stuff day in and day out!One girl, from the organising college, was put in our group but she opted for a separate group(and rightly so) as she had all her friends there.That was a discouragement for me on a personal front but meeting my team members,I knew that we could actually pull off something special,as the mood in the Sound Lab(where we worked) was really good and the voices were coming out better than expected through the mic.Still,I insist again that I didnt expect us to win.

The day passed off like any other holiday,with me wasting most part of it.Attended the last few talks of MMSC and rushed back to hostel,as it was my b'day treat two hours later and I had to prepare for that,being the host.That was the time when Karthik messaged that we'd won the first prize and I rushed to the venue to collect mine.I remember getting a first prize for a quiz in my 5th standard,and its been more than a decade, so it is really special to me.

After that, as if the script was written in the Heavens, we had a party(which was pre planned,even before I had got the prize).Got really good feedback from all the guests and that rounded off a pretty good day.The only glitch was the absense of my new friends. It was largely due to misunderstanding but then, its okay,I know what they've missed out on so its their bad luck :P

No comments:

Post a Comment