Wednesday, April 23, 2008

In a Pleasantly Unpleasant Situation...

The days are whizzing past like anything.The placements, tests and all that seemed so far away a week ago are staring me in the face now. And in spite of all that, all I do is play, watch, eat, drink and sleep.... CRICKET!!!

Yeah, it's another post about cricket and its not about the Indian Premiere League(IPL) or something, it's about the cricket tournament I've been playing in over the last month or so.The Shanthala Cup, as we like to call it, has resumed after we were done with our sessionals and thankfully, we're continuing our march towards the trophy.On a personal front, I've played three games in the last three days, failing in one of them and helping my team along to qualify for the next round in two of them. The pleasantly unpleasant situation I talked about is this.. I am playing for two teams and both had qualified for the semi finals. Over the last two days, both the teams had their respective semi final matches and guess what... both the teams are in the final now!That leaves me with the awkward situation of having to play against my old team, whichever team I choose to play for.

On a personal note, it's great to be in such a situation, having contributed in the wins of both the sides at some point or the other.I'll have to disappoint one of my good friends before the finals but then, that's not a problem as I expect both of them to be considerate enough.After failing for two years to make it to the next round of the tournament, it feels great to be in such a situation. Finally, the patience has paid off and I've found out not one, but two teams which don't depend completely upon me to deliver at all the time.

Its been really hectic and there was a time two weeks ago when I had to play four matches inside 24 hours!It really does take a toll on your body and you cant even think of studying once you get back to the hostel but then, over the last two days, I'm learning to get used to it and I'm trying to balance out all the things(which is quite difficult [:(] )

2 comments:

  1. yeah, ur decision is absolutely fine..
    i have no probs. We will miss u in finals , bt dnt worry the final wnt b one sided.. Well u have achieved a status of being a global player of this tournament,(as highest paid player in IPl). wel all the best for finals..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for understanding man.I still feel you will win it but I want to challenge myself this time by playing against a better bowling attack,which you people have.
    thanks for the comparison but i dont deserve it.
    all the best to you too!

    ReplyDelete