Saturday, April 19, 2008

MMSC - Another feather in MIC's cap!

The valedictory function is still going on, I presume but I didn't see the need to attend it, as have attended most of MMSC during the last two days. Initially I thought of it as an event in which there'll be no space for engineering students and all that publicity done by the organisers(including the bloggers' meet) was just an effort to draw the crowd. There's no truth in the first part as I realised, anyone who's interested in media/podcasting/internet writing/ blogging could have attended it and those who didnt have interest surely would have some now, especially after the "making money online" presentation yesterday by Karthik. The second part of the previous sentence,though, I still believe has "some" truth but then, its the case with every event,isn't it?

It's the second event I attended of MIC and both the times, I've noticed that the volunteers come out with full spirit to make this "their" event, instead of just going through the motions and carrying out their "duties". The delegates(and to some extents, participants too ;) ) were looked after really well, right from providing conveyance to food,etc. Their smallest of demands(that of a mobile charger!!!) had been taken care of.

One of the organisers told me before the event that "I'll have to dance to the tunes of people who're 17 and 20 yr old." I met one of them yesterday and he really was the person to handle. I wished her "all the best with this guy!" via telepathy and it seemed to have worked,as the guy seemed a lot more civilised today :).Got to learn a lot from the podcasting workshop in which we(a team of 6) were given one hour to make a podcast of 10 mins. I wrote a part of the script and all of us took turns into recording their voices and it went off unexpectedly well. Made some good friends and thanks to Kenney, who invited us to Kerela for a free accomodation, free food, free conveyance holiday any time we pleased!Have a few grouses towards the attitude a few of the in-mates of MIC showed but that's nothing new,as it happens everywehre.

All in all, another successful event organised by them and felt really good to be a part of it. Hope to attend more of such events in the future.Have to sign off now as I've invited people to my party in two hours from now and I'm still to check the list of the guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment